How Home Health Care can Improve the Lab Results for Dialysis Patients
If you are on dialysis, or know someone who is, you know how complicated it can be. Dialysis is performed in tandem with other forms of treatment for End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). This includes nutrition monitoring and medication management. However, what also needs to be monitored are the lab results for dialysis patients. These results will tell your physician whether the patient is responding to dialysis or not.
This is where Home Health Care (HHC) can significantly help patients and their family’s. Studies have shown that HHC can help improve the lab results for dialysis patients. Sounds too good to be true? Read on…
Some of the lab tests that are regularly completed for patients on dialysis are:
- Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN
- Urea Reduction Ratio (URR)
- Iron Saturation and Ferritin
- Bone and Mineral Metabolism
The following are some of the ways in which the results of these lab tests can be improved with HHC.
- Provide patients with the right nutrition for their kidney function profile: HHC provides dialysis patients with a dedicated nutrition professional. The latter works one-on-one with the patient to provide them with a detailed nutrition plan in their own home. This results in improved health and an augmented quality of life. HHC dieticians counsel patients on behavioral and lifestyle changes, including nutrition advice that will impact long-term eating habits and health.
- Provide patients with medication management services: HHC workers ensure that patients on dialysis take the right dose of medicine at the right time. They provide homecare medication services, and are always at hand to answer any and all questions regarding medications. They also ensure that your medications have not expired and that your prescriptions are filled.
- Provide patients with skilled nursing care: HHC services, such as DirectMed, provide ESRD patients on dialysis with skilled and dedicated nursing care. HHC nurses ensure that the patient is taken good care of, and that skilled nursing care contributes to their long-term recovery.
- Provide patients with regular physical therapy: Patients are provided with regular physical therapists, who visit them at home and prescribe a set of exercises individually suited to each patient. Physical therapy provided at home, contributes a great deal to the long-term improvement and recovery of ESRD patients.
- Provide patients with regular primary medical care: HHC providers schedule regular visits to the patient’s home by a primary care physician. These visits typically take place every 4 to 12 weeks. Home care physicians can also provide patients with prescription refills, testing, and specialist visits. All blood work and other diagnostic services can also be done at home, thereby improving the quality of life of the patient. These physicians work as part of a consultation team, along with nurses, social service workers, ancillary health workers, and more.
- Provide patients with a specialized plan of care: This specialized plan of care provides holistic care based on the physical, mental, and emotional needs of individual patients. HHC workers encourage patients to be as independent and self-reliant as possible. They also encourage families and primary caregivers to become involved in the specialized plan of care for patients. Healthcare professionals that provide a specialized plan of care, include physicians, nurses, and home healthcare aides.
So, now you know how HHC can help improve lab results for dialysis patients. A holistic and integrated approach to the treatment of dialysis patients goes a long way in improving their health and their lab results. Here’s to a continuous improvement in the lab results of dialysis patients!
For more information on how Home Health Care can help improve the lab test results for dialysis patients, contact Ken Banks at 312-642-5500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hi there! This blog post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept preaching about this. I will forward this information to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!
higher education degree
Appreciating the commitment you put into your blog and detailed information you offer. It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed material. Excellent read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.
fantastic publish, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite experts of this sector do not notice this. You must continue your writing. I’m sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!
board of education
This information is priceless. How can I find out more?|
I happy to read this site. It’s an great blog.
Sewa mobil di bali
This is a topic that is near to my heart… Thank you!
Exactly where are your contact details though?
Great site. Just had a quick read.